Austin’s Premier Architects for Residential, Public, and Commercial Projects
Steinbomer, Bramwell & Vrazel Architects, is a dedicated and talented team of design professionals led by Robert Steinbomer, AIA, Amy Bramwell, and Jennifer Vrazel, AIA. Our firm, developed over the past 20 years as Steinbomer & Associates, Architects, is committed to assisting clients in creating environments that are sensitive to context and the occupants’ aspirations and needs. We view design as a collaborative process between owner and architect with the common goal of producing artful, sensible and value-conscious design. Our commitment to quality and context- driven design solutions provides a variety of clients with a broad spectrum of residential, commercial, historical and institutional project experience. Our firm has been honored with awards for design excellence and published in a variety of publications, including: City by Design, Luxury Homes, Atomic Ranch, Metropolitan Home; the New York Times; Southern Living; Texas Architect; Tribeza; and, The Home Office Book. We have also featured many homes on the Austin AIA Annual Homes Tour and received local, statewide and national recognition for our work.
ROBERT STEINBOMER, AIA
As Principal in Steinbomer, Bramwell and Vrazel Architects and as President of Steinbomer & Associates, Architects, Robert plays an integral role in the office’s work. Acting as lead designer, guide and advisor to both the client and firm, Robert helps to facilitate a smooth design process and quality assurance in each stage of a project’s development.Robert A. Steinbomer, AIA, has been recognized for design and artistic talent throughout architecture school and professional practice. His 32 years of architectural and project management experience is enhanced by seven years of hands-on construction experience, prior to graduating with Highest Honors in architecture from the University of Texas at Austin. Robert has maintained a continued volunteer involvement in the non-profit community and arts organizations and has taken active roles for the Laguna Gloria Art Museum and School, the Austin Child Guidance Center, the Texas Fine Arts Association, Women and Their Work and the Austin Film Society.
Amy has been an integral part of Steinbomer & Associates since 1998. She began her career in New York City working on a variety of high end residential projects across the Northeastern United states with the firm Ike & Kligerman (now Ike, Kligerman, & Barkley). Upon returning to Austin and graduating from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Architecture degree, she spent several years working for a local design-build firm focusing on high end residential design and construction throughout Austin and the Texas Hill Country. Amy has been the Senior Project Manager on many of the office’s commercial and institutional projects. Her repertoire includes extensive work on local film production studios, Austin Studios and Troublemaker Studios, a new worship building, parish hall, and school for St. James’ Episcopal Church and School and the recently completed campus renovation for AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine.
JENNIFER VRAZEL, AIA
Jennifer is a Registered Architect and has been practicing architecture since 1997. After graduating from The University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Architecture degree, she worked in a North Carolina firm specializing in the design of churches and schools. Upon moving back to Austin, Texas, she worked at a large commercial architectural firm where she gained extensive experience in the design of senior living developments, including independent-living, assisted-living, skilled-nursing, and Alzheimer’s facilities. Jennifer joined Steinbomer & Associates Architects in December of 1999, and her experience within the firm spans a broad range of project types and sizes. She has completed several commercial tenant improvements for such clients as the Texas Association of Counties, Longhorn Dental, and K&L Gates. Additionally, she has completed numerous new houses and home renovations and additions for private clients.
Amy and Jennifer have been close friends and colleagues since their first day of Architecture school in 1991. Throughout their college careers and after nearly 12 years of working together with Robert, they continue to enjoy collaboration on design and projects of all types. Their unique talents and dedication to clients and the firm serves as the foundation for this new and exciting partnership.
AWARDS & PUBLICATIONS
- Published in “Austin Home Magazine”, Summer 2012>
- Tarrytown Pavilion and Hillbrook Residence, Austin, Texas
- Published in “Veranda” Magazine, March 2011
- Published in Luxury Homes of Texas 2009 Tarrytown Modern Residence and Tarrytown Pavilion, Austin, Texas
- “Atomic Ranch” Magazine Spring 2009 Tarrytown Modern Residence, Austin, Texas
- Published in City by Design 2008 Texas Association of Counties, Austin, Texas “Atomic Ranch” Magazine Spring 2009 Tarrytown Modern Residence, Austin, Texas
- Builder” Magazine’s Special Focus Award 2008 Tarrytown Pavilion, Austin, Texas
- Custom Home Design Merit Award 2008 Tarrytown Pavilion, Austin, Texas
- Citation of Honor, AIA Austin chapter in the 2004 Design Awards Competition Tarrytown Modern residence.
- “Builder” Magazine’s Grand Award for “Best Custom Home over 3500 sf” 2003 Lake Austin Residence, Austin, Texas
- ” Texas Construction” Magazine 2002 Texas Association of Counties, Austin, Texas
- New York Times 2002 Casa Grande Residence, Austin, Texas
- Austin Canyon Corporation Outstanding Constructon Award 1999 524 N. Lamar, Austin, Texas
- AIA Merit Award for Design 1997 Lower Colorado River Authority, Riverside Conference Center, Bastrop, Texas Crocheron Mansion (Renovation and ADA compliance) Five Log Cabins Renovations Conference Building Dining Pavilion Three Dormitories
- AIA Homes Tour 1997 Casis Hillside Modern Residence, Austin, Texas
- Published in “Professional Builder” 1996, National Propane Gas Association Home of Today Program, Second Place 1995, Texas Railroad Commission Energy Star Awards, First Place 1994 Private Residence, Austin, Texas
- Published in Home Offices 1996
- Published in ” Southern Living ” 1996, 1995
- Published in The Natural Garden by Kenneth Druse 1995
- AIA statewide ” Small Firms/Great Projects ” touring exhibit 1994
- AIA Homes Tour 1994
- AIA Citation of Honor 1993 Ca ‘ Collina Residence, Austin, Texas
- AIA Honor Award for Design 1995 Nueces Office Building Renovation, Austin, Texas (With Herman Dyal, AIA)
- The Southern Home Award “Best New House Design 1500-2000 sf” 1995
- AIA statewide “Small Firms/Great Project” touring exhibit 1994
- AIA Homes Tour 1992 Various landscape awards and publications Classic Texas Limestone House, Austin, Texas
- Texas Historical Commission Award for Excellence in Historic Architecture 1991 Ft. Brown Historic Building, Brownsville, Texas
- Published in The Natural Garden by Kenneth Druse 1995 AIA Homes Tour 1990 Mt. Barker House , Austin, Texas