This 1928 classic Georgian revival house was originally designed by a Houston architect for one of the Brown brothers of Brown and Root. The new owners sought to update and substantially expand the house and gardens while maintaining the home’s original grace and style. The main house was restored and completely redesigned to allow for the expansion of the kitchen and master bath, with an addition for a new family room and study. The garage was completely rebuilt in fashion of the original home and an additional workroom and guest quarters were placed above.
The materials used throughout consist of marble and sandstone along with European tile and iron railings that were recast by the same Houston foundry that provided the rails for the original house.